Microfilm and Microfiche have been a reliable archiving medium for over one hundred years. With significant advances in technology, both of these mediums are becoming increasingly obsolete. For many companies and government agencies, electronic formats are much more secure and accessible.
It is important to convert this legacy data from Micro formats to a more usable format, such as TIF or PDF. Outsource Solutions offers outsourced services to help with the conversion and indexing of this data to organizations large and small.
Benefits of Digital Conversion
Accessibility: Many companies and government organizations have significant amounts of information stored on Microfilm Rolls or Microfiche. These rolls are usually not easily accessible and cannot be shared within the organization. In addition, the equipment used to search for data on these rolls is often too old, damaged, or unavailable, making access to the information a challenge.
Searchable: Outsource Solutions helps its customers convert Microfilm and Microfiche into digital images stored onto DVD or directly into a document management repository. In addition, Outsource Solutions indexes Film or Fiche with searchable indexes and a fully functional text search, which allow users to quickly search and retrieve the information they are looking for. In the digital age, where information is needed at your fingertips, Outsource Solutions offers customers a simple, outsourced process to convert legacy storage formats into TIF or PDF images.
Compliance: Providing immediate access to information currently stored on Microfilm or Microfiche, organizations are better able to meet compliance requirements such as audits, HIPPA or Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Information can be searched and retrieved quickly, without the need to locate film or fiche, or the use of antiquated equipment.
- Eliminate antiquated Microfilm and Microfiche Readers.
- Dramatically reduce the labor expense of image retrieval from Microfilm & Microfiche.
- Store up or up to 200,000 Images on a DVD.
- Electronic images can be printed, faxed, or e-mailed
- Ability to add the documents to a record management or document management system
- Reduces risks of losing confidential, priceless, historical data and provides you with reliable back-up copies and trusted disaster recovery
- Reduces storage space
- Allows you to easily share your data with others
- Maintains security and controlled access to documents, files, images
- With digital, you no longer have degradation of image/film quality
- Microfilm Rolls
- 16mm, 35mm
- Any Length
- Blipped or un-blipped
- Jacketed Film
- Aperture Cards
- 35mm Slides
Even if you do not know what exactly you have, please contact us. We will gladly review a sample and provide you with the sample data and a quote.